• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message when I start adobe illustrator and when I open a file (illustrator-20.0.jsx error)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of illustrator that I have is v 26.0.3.

When I start adobe illustrator and when I open a file an error message appears. If I press ok I can continue to work, but I am concerned about the error. I tried reinstalling everything adobe related and deleting everything from my disk. I also tried downloading a previous version (v 26.0.2).

Error message:

Error in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Startup Scripts CC\Illustrator 2022\illustrator-20.0.jsx

Line 1:

I/O error

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, or something similar, has been mentioned before - search the forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thank you for replying. Can you help me find one? Because I search and I don't find anything recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit Illy, moved mine out of the startup folder, restarted - didn't seem to affect anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue any fixes yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Eli Stergiouli & @Bacon Bitz,

Sorry about the trouble. I would suggest you try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the file like an other user recommended. The error stopped and until now I haven't had other problems. I don't like deleting random files, but it worked. I see inside the file a comment that says the file is  it is named with the current version of illustrator but the actual name of the file is 20.0. Something is wrong.

Eli Stergiouli

Vector illustrator / Graphic artist / 2D Game artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Bacon Bitz,

I would like to know if you are still facing the issue or not? If yes, I would request you to share a few details like:

• The exact version of OS and its built number
  • The exact version of Illustrator
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Would it be possible for you to compress the Startup Script folder in the Zip file from the location mentioned in error and upload it to Creative Cloud/ Dropbox or any other similar service and share the download link here with us?

Also, when does this error pop up while launching the app or while using the app? Does the app close/ crash or start not responding after clicking on the "Ok" button?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines