• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An error message appears every time I open files "your current color settings honor CMYK profiles in linked content but profiles were set to be ignored when this document was created." Is there a setting or something I can adjust to make this window stop popping up every time I open files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even have "Don't color manage this document" set in Edit->Assign Profile, so the whole thing is a nonsense. Please don't tell me how important color management is - yes, maybe, but not to me! And there must be a bug in the current version of Illustrator dating back over very many versions because this dialog simply should not be appearing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is very important when you use color management.

What causes the message is the color policies for CMYK. Depending on which of the 2 versions of this error you receive you need to set up color management differently: https://youtu.be/8D4tHrlsA7A 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This message is very important when you use color management."

Maybe, but not for me and many others like me. You are trying to tell me how important something should be to me when it is not which is a bit annoying.

My main point is that I have unchecked all the checkboxes which should ensure that I do not get this warning which is pointless and unnecessary for me, but I still get the warnings. That must be a bug. Surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The checkboxes do not turn off that warning. That warning can only be turned off when you set up your color management the way it has been set up when you created the document. Just watch my video.

No matter how important color management is for you: you should at least understand how it works. Because it does have an influence on your work. It's in the apps you are using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But I don't need it and I don't want to have the hassle of dealing with it.

You should AT THE VERY LEAST be able to say "OK, change this document so that it works the same way as my system is currently set up." which would stop these annoying and pointless (to me) messages. But you can't.

I have tried to turn off color management totally to stop the messages but it doesn't seem to work. The dialog that appears gives two options only - continue and cancel, the last option of which stops the document from opening. Why isn't there an option for "Change to current setting of color management" if it is so important?

I can't even see where the setting for honoring CMYK profiles in linked content is located. There is nothing anywhere in any settings pane which refers to this. Even if this is not a bug (which I still think it is, because I have color management SWITCHED OFF), there should at least be some reference in the user interface to this setting that needs to be changed. But there isn't.

What's more, there are NO linked items in the document. The document just consists of vector elements created by me from scratch. No images, no vector elements copied and pasted from anywhere else. Nothing.

If you look in the Links window there is absolutely nothing there. This is driving me mad it is so asinine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjust your Adobe application's color settings, ensuring proper CMYK profiles. Check and set the color profiles for both the document and linked content. Save color profiles with the document and consider resetting preferences or reinstalling the application if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines