• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "msvcp140.dll missing" while launching Photoshop and Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had illustrator running yesterday and today after I installed some fonts, I am not not able to open illustrator or photoshop. Tried uninstalling creative cloud, photoshop and illustrator and reinstall again. Still not working. Getting an error ''msvcp140.dll missing''  Driving me crazy. Anybody can help on this?

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Try by repairing the VS redistributable package, see the instructions in the following discussion

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-launching-indesign-quot-cannot-load-the-path-type-rpln...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try by repairing the VS redistributable package, see the instructions in the following discussion

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-launching-indesign-quot-cannot-load-the-path-type-rpln...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested by Manan worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shrishti. I uninstalled/reinstalled vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe. Also I uninstall adobe creative cloud, photpshop and illustrator and installed it again. It is now working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other issues and questions. We'd be happy to help. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue now with ME and PR. PS seems to work fine so it is just these two that I have found. I have followed the instructions above with no luck. It should also be noted that the file paths:

\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\customhook\vcredist_x64.exe

\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncV1\customhook\vcredist_x64.exe

do not seem to be consistent with my Adobe folder. my CoreSync folder is:

\Adobe\Adobe Sync\CoreSync

Maybe this is a version differece from the instructions provided here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/missing-msvcp110dll.html

My \Adobe Creative Cloud folder contains the following: \ACC,\Utils, pim.db

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines