• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error launching InDesign "Cannot load the PATH TYPE.RPLN plug-in"

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the 18th, my InDesign program was working fine. My subscription is fine, computer didn't have an update, no one else uses my computer, but on the 18th, it suddenly popped up with these errors:

"Cannot load the PATH TYPE.RPLN plug-in. It is dependent on the GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN plug-in, which failed to load. Please check documentation for the GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN plug-in."

"Cannot load the PATH TYPE UI.RPLN plug-in. It is dependent on the GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN plug-in, which failed to load. Please check documentation for the GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN plug-in."

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling, I tried checking if my pc needed an update and updated that. I tried searching for the same results to see if others had the same issue, but I could not find anything.

Please, if anyone has any answers, I would love to try it! I've got several projects that I need to start/finish. 😞

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi there, 

We extremely sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. Let us help you fix this issue. I am assuming you are on Windows OS. If yes, please try following these steps and let us know how it goes: 

• Close All the Applications. 
  • Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features. 
  • Right click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)/  2017-2019 (x64). 
  • Click Change > Repair. 
    Repair Microsoft Visual C++.png Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 1.png 
  • Restart the system. 
  • Relaunch InDesign and check how it works. 

Regards, 

Srishti 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We extremely sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with InDesign. Let us help you fix this issue. I am assuming you are on Windows OS. If yes, please try following these steps and let us know how it goes: 

• Close All the Applications. 
  • Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features. 
  • Right click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)/  2017-2019 (x64). 
  • Click Change > Repair. 
    Repair Microsoft Visual C++.png Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 1.png 
  • Restart the system. 
  • Relaunch InDesign and check how it works. 

Regards, 

Srishti 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked first try!! Thank you so much!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked first try!! Thank you so much!! 

Erdenebayar5C13_0-1601626711623.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! I also experiencing this problem and still looking for answers to solve this. i went to my Programs and Features and search for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 but unfortunately i dont have one. Why is it? I hope you know the reason why i dont have the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019. Please help meproblem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm finding the same problem as above. But, the solution didn't work for me. I'm getting errors on the following plugins:

image.rpln

eps page item.rpln

path type.rpln

generic page item.rpln

pdf.rpln

path type ui.apln

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled windows. Now, I'm also getting errors loading:
dynamicdocuments.rpln
Transparency.rpln

Any help here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same problem now on a Macintosh! MacOS 11.5.1, most recent download of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so  so sooooo much!!<3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

troyl59949001_0-1589640206108.png

I keep getting the above message whenever I try to launch InDesign for the first time after installing. I've updated my creative cloud app prior to installing, used the cleaner tool to remove it and do a fresh install, and even tried installing an older version to launch without any luck. 

{Renamed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html#restore_all_preferences_and_default_...

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Troy,

what's your version of InDesign you are trying to install on what version of Windows operating system?

Something went wrong while installing InDesign.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with InDesign launch. That's definitely not a typical experience with InDesign. I'd request you to please follow the steps suggested on community discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-launching-indesign-quot-cannot-load-the-path-type-rpln... and let us know if it helps you out.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch Indesign, either 2019 or 2020, it crashes before opening, displaying this message:

Stef_Brockmeyer_0-1590670940329.png

I've tried uninstalling, deleting cach and preferences, and re-installing, but it keeps crashing.

Could someone from the Adobe team help?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the InDesign forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?
How much RAM?

Do you have any third-party plugins, like a font manager?

Double check you really have reset your preferences:

1) Close InDesign
2) Double click on Adobe InDesign's icon to launch it
3) QUICKLY hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift. (for Windows) or CTL+OPT+CMD+Shift (for Mac OS X)
4) When a dialog appears, ask you “Delete InDesign Preference Files?” Click Yes.

(If you don't see the question do it again.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Try the steps mentioned in the following discussion

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/error-launching-indesign-quot-cannot-load-the-path-type-rpln...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep getting this when i try to log into indesign. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but it still keeps coming up before the program opens. 

Screenshot 2021-10-03 at 16.46.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the app & reinstall it again. You may follow this help article to do that.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines