Exit

export Photoshop Shapes to illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo made in Photoshop shapes with specific colors, 
my client asks me to send the original in vectors,
is there a better way than exporting path to illustrator and opening the logo correctly in illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they are shape layers?

You can just go to File > Open in Illustrator and open the PSD.

When asked, embed it and turn the layers into objects.

This should give you the paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Diana27185128k1ku number one thing to know for the future....always create your logos in Adobe Illustrator! The reason is this.... if you take your vector logo and resized it to be the size of a movie theatre screen, that logo will be sharp and crisp. Take that same logo, and resized it in Photoshop, not only would that file size be humongous, no computer would be able to hold it I would think...it might be even a little pixaleted (or a lot!!!)

@Monika Gause did explain a great way to do one way.... I will suggest another way, and that is Image Trace. You can take a logo and do an auto trace to a vector...just make sure , you hit expand! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mpchow  schrieb:

I will suggest another way, and that is Image Trace. You can take a logo and do an auto trace to a vector...just make sure , you hit expand! 

When the logo has been created using paths or shape layers in Photoshop, tracing it is not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines