• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to .pdf and my files are black

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed an image in procreate (CMYK) and exported as Best quality .pdf. I placed the file into illustrator and when I saved it out as another .pdf (so I could print) it exported black, or an inverted color of what I have. I've done this exact method when designing before and this has never happened. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing that PDF with Acrobat?

Procreate can only export raster images in my understanding. So why export a PDF? Especially when you can't set decent options ("Best quality" means what?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could view the procreate .pdf with acrobat and it showed up perfectly, even in illustrator it showed up. Since I needed to place multiple, a .pdf file expedites the process usually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect a conflict between ICC profiles.

Can you share one of the procreate pdfs?

In the meantime, try this: If you export as PSD instead, does that work any better? Since you are placing these into Illustrator anyway, you don't have to use PDF as the export format.

Anyway, from what I know of procreate, is that it's actually an RGB based tool. The only benefit from selecting a CMYK Canvas is to limit your available colors to those in the range of whatever CMYK profile you select.

If you export to PSD and open that in Photoshop, what kind of file do you get? RGB or CMYK? because whatever's in your PDF won't be any different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported as a PSD file and then exported from there as a .pdf, it worked like a charm. This makes sense, I always choose CMYK when designing in Procreate because I work in a Design and Print shop. What's weird is that it has never given me this issue before and I'm wondering if with the newest updates for Procreate, something in the color profile compatibility changed. Thank you for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am having the exact same issue. Can you tell me what exactly you did? Where did you export the PSD file? I exported mine to google drive but it doesn't have the option to export as PDF. Help is much appreciated, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported it as a .PSD file to my drive. I then downloaded the file onto my computer that has Photoshop and opened it in Photoshop. I exported that file from Photoshop to a .pdf. Then it worked just fine in Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines