Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to PNG file

May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can anyone suggest a process please. I created a logo that is about 1" x 0.4" wide in illustrator. I exported to PNG file with highest resolution. The exported PNG is blurry. Is there a way to export without loosing quailty? Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

It's natural. The raster images in the browsers are shown pixel-to-pixel unless the soft use any scaling algorithms. Mailing services do this. So, if you export your logo with 300PPI, it will be scaled to a small size as needed in your signature, and look bad due to the sensitivity of raster images to scaling. Export it with 72PPi. It will look bad in big size but very well in the small size in the signature.

As far as I know, most of the mailing services don't allow to use of SVG (vector image)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is a raster based file format. Each pixel you export can only have one color. Check out your logo and the number of pixels and just consider if it can work at all.

What do you need the PNG for? Would any other file format be more suitable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika, the PNG file is inserted in the Mac Mail signature as my logo when sending out emails.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that detailed file I don't think your plan can work at all.

Design the logo in a way that small sizes work. Or just don't put it in your email. Images are turned off by default in most email software anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please show the screenshot of the logo in Illustrator, PNG in 1:1 scale, and PNG in size that you look at? Raster images look quite different depending on the scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Here is the AI screen shot and exported (SuperSampling at 300). The AI logo is 1" x 0.4" (actual size). I just want to export at that size. As shown, the PNG file image is not crisp. I also tried at 2400 DPI and no difference.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's natural. The raster images in the browsers are shown pixel-to-pixel unless the soft use any scaling algorithms. Mailing services do this. So, if you export your logo with 300PPI, it will be scaled to a small size as needed in your signature, and look bad due to the sensitivity of raster images to scaling. Export it with 72PPi. It will look bad in big size but very well in the small size in the signature.

As far as I know, most of the mailing services don't allow to use of SVG (vector image) format, but if yours does it, you can try to cave your logo in SVG.
But, as Monika said, these small images generally just clog up the letter attachment set and annoy the receiver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feed back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer Monika's question: What do you need the PNG for? Would any other file format be more suitable?

Having a vector file format should solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines