• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye dropper in the color picker dialogue box

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'm hallucinating. Yesterday I was in Ai working on a project lamenting that there was no eye drop selection button in that color picker like they have in PS. (The struggle is real when you're switching between apps but that's a whole other post.) when I noticed there was an eye dropper above the main color window - on top in line with the select color text. When I opened Ai on another machine it was gone. Today I'm back to the original machine and it's gone from there too. Was I dreaming? Did I catch a glitch? I've attached an image with a circle of where I saw it. 

I'm on the current version and using Ventura on both machines. I've checked preferences and didn't see anything. But I've never really messed with those since install. I can't find anything about it on google because it takes me to the main eye dropper tool. 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

I found this post to the Illustrator Uservoice page from January 5, 2023  where the Illustrator Product Manager said that they would be adding the Eyedropper tool to the Color Picker soon.

I have Illustrator 27.3.1 on both my Windows 10 machine and MacBook running Monterey, and I don't see it on either of those yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Rest assured, you are not hallucinating. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-27-3-enhancements-to-intertwine-3d-lighting-image-trace-and-more/td-p/13598984

where there is a section: Sample colors using the Color Picker

It was there, but was taken away in updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this post to the Illustrator Uservoice page from January 5, 2023  where the Illustrator Product Manager said that they would be adding the Eyedropper tool to the Color Picker soon.

I have Illustrator 27.3.1 on both my Windows 10 machine and MacBook running Monterey, and I don't see it on either of those yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so weird that it was there for me and now it's not. I definetely fell into the matrix.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so weird.

Could you have been using another application where there is an Eyedropper Tool in the Color Picker? There's one in InDesign, but it's at the bottom by the hexidecimal value. There's one in Adobe XD, but the Color Picker looks fairly different and the Eyedropper is also at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It was Illustrator, I don't use XD for design. This was above the
picker that I had circled in the image. Not at the bottom and not where it
used to be in photoshop. It was only there for the day. I wish I had taken
a pic of it when I thought about it because I wanted to show a friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was there for me too, now it's gone. It makes the color picker pretty hard to use if you can't sample colors anymore. Guessing it's just a bug and it will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rest assured, you are not hallucinating. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-27-3-enhancements-to-intertwine-3...

where there is a section: Sample colors using the Color Picker

It was there, but was taken away in updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I messaged them on Twitter and they said it will be there in the 27.4 update which drops tonight. What a weird day it's been thinking I'd lost my mind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to disappoint you, but I installed 27.4 today and the eyedropper is not in the color picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is 16th March 2024, but the eyedropper is still not available in the latest update.  Where can we request Adobe for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today is 16th March 2024, but the eyedropper is still not available in the latest update.  Where can we request Adobe for this?

By @pratik36119573gecs

Here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/204...}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines