• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eyedropper is not working. I'm trying to copy text attributes and stroke attributes and it picks the white from the artboard.

Illustrator 2022 26.0.3
Using eyedropper to copy stroke (weight and dashed stroke) and text attributes (typeface and color) and doesn't respond
It doesn't pick the actual attributes of the stroke, it copies the white color of the artboard or grey that I don't know where ir came from. When eyedropping text it copies only the color but not the type properties.
I'm an experienced Illustrator user, I've been using it since 1998 and this never happened to me. Weird things happened after monterey update.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to give permissions in the Mac Preferences/Security and Privacy.

Allow Illustrator to Screen Record.

It should have been a pop up the first time you used the tool. If you hit no, it only records the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helping. I know how to screen capture using Quick Time, the thing is i did not use it this time to capture because this was a lot more quick to send as I'm logged to this forum from my phone. The question here was about eyedropper tool. I reinstalled Illustrator and the problem is now solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click the eye dropper tool in the toolbar it gives you options. You can confirm everything is checked on. It does not require a full reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with QuickTime - the Mac OS requires permission to allow the eyedropper tool to record (capture) your screen to pick up colors and other features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it started again, I checked everything in the eyedropper options, re install again, the screen record permission is on, so I don't know what is happening. Here is the capture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double click the eyedropper and send over a screen shot of the window.

The other thing to try is go back to Mac OS prefs/Security and add Illustrator to Full Disk Access.

Relaunch AI after.

Thanks

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines