• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper tool missing

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue with the latest Illustrator update (25.1) on windows 10. 
My eyedropper tool is completely gone. When I go to edit the toolbar, the eyedropper tool does not show up in the list. I can't even use the keyboard shortcut to activate it. Screenshot 2021-01-12 115315.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

I can't upload their PDF file with instructions, so I'm uploading a jpg of it, and including the text from the workaround here.

The mentioned plugins reside in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2021\Plugins\
Esko\Data Exchange\Inspection Setup and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe
Illustrator 2021\Plug-ins\Esko\Notes

EskoEyedropper-KBAS-315434651-270121-1721-5410.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the latest upgrade (25.2) that just came out? I'm running that and haven't had a problem with the eye dropper tool disappearing this time. I did do the work around that Esko found, but with the latest update, I haven't had to do anything. I think Adobe may have fixed whatever thing they did that made 3rd party add-ons not work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it. I had to reinstall 25.2. for the 2nd time lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go figure! There's always something. smh. We all were going crazy with 25.1 because we'd install it, everything would be fine... then we'd close the program and open it up again, and the eyedropper would be gone! Sooo frustrating. Here's hoping everything works out going forward!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, it fixed itself once I reinstalled it. But now it's gone again. Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering about that. Looks like you'll need to follow the instructions in the comment above from January 27th marked "Answer". If you do that, 25.2 should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been doing this for a long time now. if I reinstall AI it works for a day. like magic, it's gone the next day.

even after all updates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was like mine, the eyedropper tool will disappear the 2nd time you open Illustrator after doing the upgrade. Looks like Adobe hasn't fixed the bug yet. 

Have you tried doing the workaround in the answer above? (The post should be from January 27th of this year.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with a vanished-eyedropper. I saw in the replies that it could have something to do with the Esko plug-ins.  After I deleted Esko and restarted my laptop, the eyedropper was back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines