Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File does not exist -> no thumbnail

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
Yesterday, I was working on a file (illustrator) I later saved on a (removable) drive. The drive was not disconnected from the computer at any point. In addition, It was not the first time that I saved this file, I have worked on it for a while and used to just overwrite it. 

Today, when I wanted to open the same file again - I could not see it in its location. 

In Adobe Illustrator I don't see it in the "recent" tab, however, if I go to File -> Open Recent Files it is there. But if I click on it, it says that "File does not exist".

I have tried the solutions proposed in similar discussions
1. I restarted my PC and illustrator

2. I performed a global search for the file

3. I checked the autosave folder
4. I checked the bin

5. I have checked different files with yesterday's date just in case I have overwritten them 

None of these solutions seemed to work.

Do you guys have any other ideas on what I could do? I really do not want to start over... 

Thanks a lot!

J

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Is this a USB flash drive, and I assume you have the drive mounted and checked it is functionling properly when you did the items in your list of 5.

Perform a check disk on the drive.

https://pureinfotech.com/fix-hard-drive-problems-windows-10/

Check if you may have accidentally saved to  the cloud, Even experienced users are struggling with that.

MikeGondek_0-1661522477342.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a USB flash drive, and I assume you have the drive mounted and checked it is functionling properly when you did the items in your list of 5.

Perform a check disk on the drive.

https://pureinfotech.com/fix-hard-drive-problems-windows-10/

Check if you may have accidentally saved to  the cloud, Even experienced users are struggling with that.

MikeGondek_0-1661522477342.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike, I don't know why I did not think of something as obvious as a disk check.

This, in fact, did restore my file.

Thank you so much! You just saved me a lot of time 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines