• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flatten Transparency on Linked Artwork

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of a recent update, I can no longer use the Flatten Tranparency feature on linked artwork. Please bring this back as it was a feature I used on a dialy basis!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Well, I think I spoke too soon without further testing. It seems that the group of files I was having issue with were all EPS files. I got around the issue by saving the EPS files as PDFs, then placing them, then Flattening Transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me (Illustrator 26.5 on Mac OS 12.5).

Can you clarify a bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think I spoke too soon without further testing. It seems that the group of files I was having issue with were all EPS files. I got around the issue by saving the EPS files as PDFs, then placing them, then Flattening Transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The message I was getting is:
"Linked artwork that interacts with transparency cannot be flattened. Embed the artwork (using the Links panel) before flattening."
I should have put that in the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines