Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font and font weight blank in Character View

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two issues:

1. My colleagues and I have been noticing font family and weights disappearing from the Character panel in our Illustrator tools when we share files between ourselves.

The screenshot below shows the use of Google fonts Inter (left) and Albert Sans (right).

When my colleague, who created the file, opens it on her computer/in her Illustrator, she can see the font family plus the weight, but when I open the same file on my end it goes blank. If I try the eyedropper tool on some other text, it does pick up the correct styling but still shows the font and weight as blank.

Any idea why this is happening?

We downloaded the exact same font files, so that should not be the reason.

2. For Albert Sans (right) we also downloaded the same files, however Illustrator removes the space between Albert and Sans for my colleague, so whenever she sends me her documents I need to change the font to the family with a space, which also baffles me. This happens with other fonts too from time to time, not just this specific one.

Anyone seen this happen before?

monikah33767134_0-1671538636048.png

We're running the latest Illustrator version, 27.1.1.

monikah33767134_1-1671538977010.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same setups on all computers? OS version etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same setups as far as I'm aware of, yes. It's been happing on several laptops (I recently changed mine and it happened on both the old and the new). We're all using Dell computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running any font management software or running other graphics applications at the same Illustrator is running? I use CorelDRAW alongside Illustrator and occasionally tinker around in some other rival drawing applications as well. CorelDRAW has its font manager software integrated into the application, but it has a number of bugs (some of which have persisted for years). Awhile back I noticed some type families will have certain styles disappear from the Illustrator font menu if CorelDRAW is running in the background. If I close both applications and re-launch Illustrator all of my fonts will show up normally. There doesn't seem to be a clear reason why some styles in some type families will disappear. I think the problem happens more often with large super families featuring dozens of styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately that does not seem to be the reason. This can happen if the very first (and only) programme we launch after starting the laptop is Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines