• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free transform tool not working

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select the tool and click the box and hold and hold command (using Mac air) and drag and nothing happens. It might move the object or rotate it but that's it. I've tried all of the tools in that box and none do a thing. What is the problem? It's so simple in picsart. Why so difficult here? Also changing a color in my picture was impossible. I had to use picsart. I can't distort I'm picsart though because the image is the size of the selection box so it cuts part of it off and I'm not tracing another cutout! I pay for illustrator so I'd like to actually be able to use it! (I'm creating a logo with text and an image) thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

I believe that the problem is that you are trying to edit a raster (pixel) image (JPG, PNG) in Illustrator, which is all about vector images, not raster. The much more appropriate tool would be Photoshop. A quick look at Picsart leads me to believe that it is entirely raster content.

There are ways of distorting raster images in Illustrator,  and you can certainly add text on top of a raster image, but if you want to change colors as well, then Photoshop or any other photo-processing app would

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Illustrator forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the problem is that you are trying to edit a raster (pixel) image (JPG, PNG) in Illustrator, which is all about vector images, not raster. The much more appropriate tool would be Photoshop. A quick look at Picsart leads me to believe that it is entirely raster content.

There are ways of distorting raster images in Illustrator,  and you can certainly add text on top of a raster image, but if you want to change colors as well, then Photoshop or any other photo-processing app would be what you are looking for.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you are right. Thanks for the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines