Gray Border and Pattern Automatically Applied When Creating Rectangle

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I draw a rectangle with a fill and border (stroke) applied, the rectangle is generated with a pattern that I previously created and this grayish blue border around the strokes of the pattern and the border. I was quickly skimming through some onlin research, and there mention of 'Rasterizing' the object. I am able to get rid of the grayish border and patter, but it seems to be applied each time I create a new shape object. What on earth have I done to my Illustrator software to cause this to happen. It never happened before, and it is impeding my workflow. Please help! I've included a screen shot. As you can see, the shape is selected and I have turned the fill and border to null, yet there is that ugly patter and border still applied.Screenshot 2021-12-18 092723.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021
Nevermind! I figured it out. I guess you can apply fills and borders to the layer itself, so all objects in that layer get the treatment. I was about to go nuts!

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind! I figured it out. I guess you can apply fills and borders to the layer itself, so all objects in that layer get the treatment. I was about to go nuts!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines