• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hairline border around PNG in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Does anyone know how to remove this very small white border from around a PNG in illustrator? I've removed this in Photoshop, but it's still visible when working in Illustrator, included a side by side comparison. Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 13.11.19.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

What I would try is going back into Photoshop with your PNG file and doing a "Select Pixels" on that layer. Once the whole thing is selected, I would do Select -> Modify -> contract by 1 pixel. Then, inverse your selection so that when you hit delete, it removes all the pixels out from that previous selection. Hopefully now its cleaner, and you can save the file as a PSD which may help a lot.

If that doesn't work I recommend next steps try Layer -> Matting -> Defringe

If that doesn't help you can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would try is going back into Photoshop with your PNG file and doing a "Select Pixels" on that layer. Once the whole thing is selected, I would do Select -> Modify -> contract by 1 pixel. Then, inverse your selection so that when you hit delete, it removes all the pixels out from that previous selection. Hopefully now its cleaner, and you can save the file as a PSD which may help a lot.

If that doesn't work I recommend next steps try Layer -> Matting -> Defringe

If that doesn't help you can try Layer -> Matting -> Remove White Matte

Let me know if that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first suggestion was what I did originally! However I've exported the whole thing as a PDF now and the issue is gone, so assuming it was a problem with the rendering in Illustrator. Thanks for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

xena,

I believe you may have the non integer pixel value issue:

It is important to have the artwork and also the Artboard(s) placed fully within integer/whole pixel X and Y values in the Workspace, which means that the X and Y values at the corners must be integer; this can be ensured by using one of the corner Reference Points in the Transform palette, and then checking that all the values X, Y, W, and H, are integer (the centre Reference Point can only be used if both W and H are even numbers).

If you have issues with the Artboard(s), make sure the rulers are Global Rulers (RightClick), if not change from Artboard to Global Rulers; and to align your artboards, click the Rearrange All Artboards button in the Artboards panel. First posted by Ton here,
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/why-is-illustrator-not-exporting-artboard-siz...

Otherwise the resulting image will become a bit wider/taller and the extension(s) will be empty and therefore be (partially) transparent/white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines