Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Creating a Circle with a Grid inside

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Relatively new to Illustrator so was wondering if anyone could help me with a query

Im basically trying to create a circle with a grid inside like the images below.

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 17.26.11.pngScreenshot 2018-10-30 at 17.26.22.png

(P.S. I used the gradient mesh to create this effect)

I basically just need to know if there is a way I can give the lines in the circle a fill so that it gives the effect of a circle with solid gridding inside it.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially thought blend but it wouldn't be accurate if you want to give the impression of a sphere. Instead I used this construction:

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 18.04.57.jpg

Basically:

Make sure you have smart guides on. (View > Smart guides)

1. Draw a circle

2. Draw a straight line top-to-bottom in the circle.

3. Select the line and double-click the rotate tool. Enter a value to get whatever density of gridlines you want. (in these examples, top is 30º, bottom is 20º)

4. Click 'Copy', then Command/Ctrl+D to transform again to get a complete set of lines crossing the circle.

5. Duplicate the circle by holding alt+shift to constrain-drag to one side.

6. Use the crisscrossing lines intersection points with the first circle to create guides across to the second.

7. Draw ellipses from the centre of the second circle so that they meet the edge horizontally and each line in turn vertically (use smart guides here).

8. Select the ellipses you just created, Ctrl/Command+F to paste in front, then rotate them 90º

You could shorten the process in a few ways, but this makes it easy to see what's going on as you work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines