• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

home made cactus.

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi , how are you all? good i think so, my name is javier and im starting on this world of adobe illustraitor and i would love to know your opinion, any tips or?  im selling on adobe stock for now but i wanna have a job doing what i like, i wanna sell pieces or images to composs the big image, and also to find a job in the drawing market, any one knows any advice of how i can make the most with adobe illustraitor program?, Beforehand thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Stock Contributors to Illustrator.]

Can you draw?

Can you paint?

How much art schooling have you had?

If you're just starting out, I recommend tracing some real-life images to get a feel for the tactile textures, lights/shadows and colors you see in natural cactus plants.  Use colored pencils/pens or water colors to add some depth to your drawings. 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's not ready for sale.

That's what you could do:

1. go to the nearest real cactus and draw it from some different directions to find the best and most impressive look.

2. Scan the draw to have it as a template.

3. Do some research to find the stylization. Creating the photo-realistic images in Illustrator is possible but takes much time and skills, it's not for beginners. And anyhow the vector images generally look better when they are stylized. But "stylized" does not mean "look like a 5-year-old child's drawing". So try to find a nice style for your art.

4. Practice using the Pen tool and understanding colors, fills, and strokes.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also if you use a search engine and look up 'howto draw a catus with Illustrator' you will find many video tutorials. Here are a few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xN2wuiFoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFAoPW2UZUQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuIgiqQBRI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines