• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I disable all sounds (esp the error ding) made from illustrator and photoshop?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I disable ALL sounds made from CS5 and Illustrator? For example(there are infinite examples): when I try delete an anchor point but accidentally click a pixel away it gives me a warning 'ding'. It's the dumbest feature in an app I could imagine. for one, it's a visual app, use a visual warning. secondly, you don't even need an error message...because guess what? If I didn't delete the anchor point I'll already know I didn't delete the anchor because the anchor will STILL BE THERE. simply put, there is absolutely no reason for these apps to have any noise. So how can I disable all sounds? thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. That's odd to me! Photoshop and Illustrator have always been dead silent for me. Which OS are you using? I have a feeling you're hearing some sort of system error. If you're on a Mac, perhaps check your System Preference>Sounds panel. I see a checkbox that for me is on for "Play user interface sound effects", but perhaps yours needs to be turned off (it'll disable all system sounds, though). Or, if it's a Windows system, perhaps there's an Adobe preference setting I've never noticed (been teaching it cross-platform for years though - never heard it), or there may be a different OS level Sound setting you may need to change....

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10. But per other forum suggestions I already disabled all

the windows sounds. And I'm still hearing it. It's a sound only ever made

within Adobe products and I used to experience it at school with their

computers. The only thing I found is a second party add-on that was made by

users to deal with this problem... I was just hoping there's a better way.

Thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having the same problem -- I'm amazed they haven't fixed it yet. What's the add-on you're talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop have no sounds within the app but you may get notification sounds from system. You may manage those by going into System Preferences. Please follow instructions for macOS on Apple article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlp2207/mac and for Windows on help article https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-sound-settings-windows-10-april-2018-update to manage app sounds.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have no sounds within the app? huh? In Photoshop when you click to edit Preferences > General one of the very first options is "Beep when done"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have no sounds within the app? huh? In Photoshop when you click to edit Preferences > General one of the very first options is "Beep when done"

By @Sydney G

But that is not a Photoshop sound. Photoshop triggers the system to play it. As Ashutosh wrote: "but you may get notification sounds from system"

If you want to have the option to turn off sounds within Illustrator (and not system-wide), post a feature request on http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Apart from that I would suggest to plug a jack plug into your computer (just the plug), set the "Audio out" to it and it should be silent. I have mine connected to the stereo which is turned off most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows, there also the frantic piano chorde when you do some takst. its annoying af. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines