• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I achieve this contour fill in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure of the terminology here, but I created this on a crappy sign program at work...trying to recreate it on my Illustrator at Home....just the black contour, not worried about the pink outline. Helpabrotherout?

gg.jpg

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Asset 1@1.5x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the sign and Object>Path>Offset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing that overlaps the two characters 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asset 1@1.5x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ferrari,

You can:

1) Create a stroke/nofill rectangle with a width as the distance between corresponding (unrounded) corners and the height, then round the corners, then shear it to the desired angle (you can use Object>Transform>Shear);

2) Object>Path>Offset Path with the offset that gives you a path at the middle of the thick outer black shape, then increase the Stroke Weight as desired;

3) Create two rectangles and cut them out of the sheared rectangle from 1) (you can use Pathfinder>Minus front or Shapebuilder);

4) Select everything and Object>Path>Outline Stroke to get filled paths, then if desired add a (pink) Stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FEDERICO, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Thank you so very much, sir....I have struggled with this for weeks..... I knew what I wanted was achievable but I couldn't make it happen....thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines