• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I copy a Gradient swatch to multiple documents in CC2018

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several gradient swatches on one illustrator file, and want to be able to use it on new ones when i want.

When using inDesign I can create a library and share items between documents.

With Illustrator I cannot copy Gradients only solids into a library.

Is there a work around for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

If you saved your gradients in the Swatches panel, you can apply them to objects.

Drag the objects to a CC library.

You can use them in other documents when you Alt-drag them from the CC library or choose Place Copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a swatches library out of all the swatches that can be created in the swatches panel. Just go to the panel menu and save the library

The CC library is a different thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you saved your gradients in the Swatches panel, you can apply them to objects.

Drag the objects to a CC library.

You can use them in other documents when you Alt-drag them from the CC library or choose Place Copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this is generally useful, it would be nice to have the option to prevent this behavoir (things like swatches and brushes automatically being added to the current document) while using Place Copy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a brush is applied to the copied object, then what should Illustrator do when pasting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good question. Perhaps just provide this behavior customization for swatches, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A brush is not a swatch.

I don't quite understand why you would want to lose swatches when pasting an object.

There are issues with duplicate swatches when pasting that really should be solved (how do you treat swatches that are already in the file and have the same name), but just ditching them would be too simple and not desirable most of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the color is not a global color it will not be added to the swatches. I am afraid that I don't understand the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines