• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I eliminate the "fill" happening to my stroke?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was drawing with the paint brush, and when I was finished, I joined the lines with the path tool. But now some corners have like a fill. Anyone knows why and/or how do I fix this?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

I eliminated all appearences and it seem to help, but I don't know if thats the right fix. It does it for me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

siiesta,

I am afraid you have encountered the Blob issue solved many years ago by Kurt with the Zig Zag Effect (setting the Size to 0 and Ridges per Segment to a sufficiently number (up to 100, you may get away with fewer)).

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/reshaping-objects-effects.html

No need to eliminate appearances.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eliminated all appearences and it seem to help, but I don't know if thats the right fix. It does it for me though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

siiesta,

I am afraid you have encountered the Blob issue solved many years ago by Kurt with the Zig Zag Effect (setting the Size to 0 and Ridges per Segment to a sufficiently number (up to 100, you may get away with fewer)).

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/reshaping-objects-effects.html

No need to eliminate appearances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is this brush tool or Blob brush tool? if blob, when you draw it the stroke will be converted to fill! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines