• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of the Pantone warning?

Advocate ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Pantones have been converted... still getting this message:
Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 9.05.57 AM.png

I haven't changed the names of the swatches, though.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the old Pantone .acb libraries copied to the new version?

I had the warning a few times, but it has stopped now.

Do you click the X to close it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton-

I didn't intentionally copy any libraries. It's just a client's file that I've opened & get the warning. Only only on my laptop (Macbook) it seems... I don't get the warning on my iMac...

I believe I did click to close it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't copy the .ACB files related to Pantone spot colors from a prior version of Illustrator you won't be able to use any Pantone spot color fills in current builds of Adobe Illustrator (thanks to Pantone). With the current version of Illustrator if those .ACB files aren't present any objects with Pantone spot color fills will appear black.

I still get the warning on my system when opening files with objects filled using Pantone spot colors. It would be nice if they had a "don't show again" button thingie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the current version of Illustrator if those .ACB files aren't present any objects with Pantone spot color fills will appear black.

By @Bobby Henderson

In Illustrator any spot color used as a swatch will also be in the file and they don't appear black. With Photoshop the black has been solved with a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where the hell is Adobe support? We open files all the time where the customer has left a pantone swatch, this warning should be allowed to be disabled in a setting. It's idiotic that I constantly have to close a warning dialogue every time. Don't make me do unnecessary clicks, that's lazy UI. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you copy the .acb files to your version of Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines