• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How I select / hide multi layers simultaneous?!

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I making animation for sprites, there's a tedious stage which it's really make me annoying. I must lift arm up and down but AI don't let me select multi arm' layers simultaneously, for example, you look at here:

polygon1.PNG

I can keep Shift and selection 3 layers, but I can't make them available simultaneously:

polygon2.PNG

to get above result, I must select one by one by hand (by rice )

polygon3.PNG

or to hide all simultaneously, I also must select one by one by rice, if you have any solution, please tell me, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this to help me on the forum here. I use Win version CS6 but it should work of all of them I think. Make sure all layers a visible and the little eye is on then holding down the mouse left click on the lock layer icon and select all the layers you want selected. After you've locked all the layers cntrl + alt + 2 to unlock them and they should all be selected together.

Hope that helps. Adobe should have made an update fix for this in CS6 but they didn't an oversight I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I can't follow your guide ...

Step 1: keep Shift to select multi layers

polygon1.PNG

Step 2: click left mouse, keep & drag to lock multi layers

polygon2.PNG

Step 3: unlock layers, I can't select that feature, it's gray

polygon3.png

There's any thing which I missing ... ?!

ps: Illustrator CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Expand all the layers and make sure they are all locked then cntrl + alt + 2 and that selects them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines