• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to auto-size WIDTH of text box?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I am familiar with the auto-size feature for textboxes, but that doesn't help me with my issue as it only auto-sizes height (unless I'm doing something wrong). I need the textbox to autosize to width ONLY. I do not want my text to wrap to the next line. Right now, I am manually selecting the two right anchors of the text box and adjusting them pixel by pixel to get it at the perfect size. There has to be a better way! For example, in Excel, when you double click a column divider it will autosize the column to the largest line of text in that column. I'm looking for a similar function in Illustrator for textboxes. Hope this makes sense!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Hi BreanneFM,

Best you can do is selct with solid arrow tool, then click where I circled in red to force the width to auto size.

MikeGondek_0-1644340979060.png

Otherwise the option only works on the height.

Read this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BreanneFM,

Best you can do is selct with solid arrow tool, then click where I circled in red to force the width to auto size.

MikeGondek_0-1644340979060.png

Otherwise the option only works on the height.

Read this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This will work perfectly for what I need it to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines