• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert an EPS file in illistrator so I can import into corel Draw?

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with converting a file in illistrator, so that I can open in corel draw without it turning into a bitmap?

TOPICS
Import and export , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

CorelDRAW should be able to open an EPS.

Or is it an EPS you downloaded from a stock agency? In that case you might actually want to first open it in Illutrator to access the probably existent embedded Illustrator file. Then save it as an AI file version CC 2019 (a current CorelDRAW version can import that). If it's an older CorelDRAW version, you have to try out what it can import.

You will have to expect a loss of editability depending on the exact nature of the file. But the AI file forma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CorelDRAW should be able to open an EPS.

Or is it an EPS you downloaded from a stock agency? In that case you might actually want to first open it in Illutrator to access the probably existent embedded Illustrator file. Then save it as an AI file version CC 2019 (a current CorelDRAW version can import that). If it's an older CorelDRAW version, you have to try out what it can import.

You will have to expect a loss of editability depending on the exact nature of the file. But the AI file format is your best option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using Adobe Illustrator? What version of CorelDRAW will open the exported file?

Like Monica said, there is a considerable lack of feature overlap between Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW. Both applications have certain features and effects that are unique to them. When those effects are baked into artwork they won't play nicely when imported into rival graphics applications. I move artwork between CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator on a pretty frequent basis, but the assets I move are "dumbed down" as much as possible for compatibility sake. CorelDRAW 2018 and later can handle Illustrator gradient fills that have transparency. IIRC CorelDRAW 2020 added Variable Font support. The current version of CorelDRAW does not support Freeform Gradient fills or OpenType SVG fonts.

Even when taking quite a few precautions I can still wind up with various problems importing AI files into CorelDRAW. A decent number of the projects I work on have to be created entirely within Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines