• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create Animated text to be used as PDF file?

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have a Ai file 10.5cm x 14.85cm Flyer and I will export it as a PDF soft copy and of course a print so in the soft copy I want to keep 2 small paragraphs to be blinking or any kind of animated text to catch the eye of my clients so, is there any way I can create animated texts in the PDF file or it has to be from Illustrator? if it can be from either applications please tell me how can I do it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Hi mystical.f143

I saw your post in the PS forum so I’m glad that solution worked for you!
How can we create Animated (Blinking or Shining) text in PS CS6?

After you create the animation in PS, first save it in PS (for future edits), then export it to an .mp4 or other format that you can put in the PDF. (You can put a .swf into a PDF, but Flash is out of favor now.)

Have you created the animation yet?

If the flyer was in InDesign, you could insert the movie there and export to PDF. Since it’s in Illu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mystical,

A simple animation like that can be done in Photoshop with the Animation panel. You can also use Adobe Animate.

Note: Many find blinking text annoying, so don’t let it loop continually if you proceed.

No, you can’t create animation in Illustrator or Acrobat.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thanks for the info but if I do create an animated text in Photoshop or Adobe Animate and if I export it as a PDF file will it still be blinking or will be stable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mystical.f143

I saw your post in the PS forum so I’m glad that solution worked for you!
How can we create Animated (Blinking or Shining) text in PS CS6?

After you create the animation in PS, first save it in PS (for future edits), then export it to an .mp4 or other format that you can put in the PDF. (You can put a .swf into a PDF, but Flash is out of favor now.)

Have you created the animation yet?

If the flyer was in InDesign, you could insert the movie there and export to PDF. Since it’s in Illustrator, use Save As to make the PDF of the flyer and then use the Add Video feature in Acrobat to insert the video/animation. Which version of Acrobat do you have?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is considered bad practice. So bad, for example, that the chance of making blinking text in web pages was removed. It can make pages completely unreadable for some people. DEV 1.5 - Avoid using flashing, flicker and unnecessary animation | Centre for Excellence in Univers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did create one and I did the same I exported it to an .mp4 format and then I inserted in Acrobat and it's working fine.

the version with is Adobe Acrobat XI Pro so it was pretty easy job.

Thanks for your help as well. Appreciated!

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines