Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete a frame when exporting a graph from Excel into Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have exported a pie chart graph from Excel into Illustrator and there is a black lined frame that appeared and that I cannot delete. I tried to select it to delete but didn't succeed. I also tried to look through all the layers but I cannot find it either. I attach a screen shot. Does anyone know how I can delete it?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several frames visible in your layer thumbnails and you will have to delete them all.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I went through all layers with what looks as that frame and deleted them but the frame is still visible. When I made layer 1 invisible, the whole graph disappears (see the attached print screen) but this frame is there. It looks not to belong to layer 1. But where does it come from then? And what to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Important addition. I tried to export the graph to PNG and to my suprise this frame is not visible in the picture. I still do not know what it is but hte problem is solved for now since I need only the PNG. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you'll have to deal with clipping masks depending on the export format from exel (unknown in your first question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines