Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Delete Stroke Border?

Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a circular / elipse type shape which has a stroke border of 3. I make a copy of it, and I want to delete the copies stroke border so I can fit it exactly within the original shape. How is this done?

Thanks,

KiSS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Object > Expand, then in Pathfinder panel click Minus Front button

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or possibly another way of looking at it is I need to just copy the area within the stroke border. I've tried using the magic wand which would work in photoshop, but it isn't giving me the same affect of only selecting the inner part of the ellipse / circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a copy and set its stroke to none. You'll maybe have to shrink the shape by 1,5 pt using "Offset path"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Setting the offset path is doing weird things and not reducing it to the proper size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me that all you really want to do is to be abel to have a stroke and a fill and there is no need to do anything but select your stroke which you have snd then give it a fill of your choice.

The fill cn be a solid color , a gradient or a pattern fill, even an image if you make it a swatch. No need to copy the path. Illustrator and Photoshop are very different in may regards.

you can also set the stroke to align to the center of the path, insde the path and to the outside of the path. You ave to read about the difference between working with vector and raster programs.

You can also set the elipse to draw behind or draw inside and place an image inside it or draw with say the blob brush so that it is not a solid fill.

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.01.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.01.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.01.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.02.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.04.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.06.20 AM.png

A path can have a fill and a stroke.

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW the indicaters that it is a draw inside or draw behind object go away when you double click somewhere on the canvas

Screen Shot 2012-08-11 at 8.13.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wade. Actually, I need that inner shape within the stroke so I can manipulate it slighly and turn it into another shape, then refit it back in the center of the original shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object > Expand, then in Pathfinder panel click Minus Front button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it emil emil, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I awaken an old thread? I want to do the same thing, but my stroke is aligned to inside the shape. I want to delete the part of the shape that is the [inner] stroke. Is there a way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be the same process. Works for me.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines