• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to enable zoom without having to press ALT?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would to enable two fingers zoom without having to press ALT first. In Illustrator and Photoshop. 

Is that possible?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what two fingers zoom is, sounds like a drinking game to me. Count me in.

If you only want to use the mouse, there's a right click contectual menu that has zoom in and zoom out in it.

And there's the zoom presets in the far left far bottom of the screen.

If you're not averse to the keyboard, click on an item and ctrl+ centers on screen and zooms to that selection...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two fingers zoom is a fancy method for people who use a touchpad. For example, touching the pad with two fingers simultanously and moving them appart zooms out in most applications. In Illustrator, that works as well, but only when the ALT button is pressed which I would like to avoid. I also would like the mouse wheel to zoom instead of scrolling without pressing ALT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse wheel to zoom is a setting in the Preferences.

2 fingers works on my Mac trackpad without Alt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean I should get a Mac? I was hopeing for settings somewhere under preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I just said I had no problem on a Mac (you did not tell us what configuration you had).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines