• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fill two objects with same contour in two different colors?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem in Corel and AI. I create two objects with pen tool, having same countur and want to fill it in two different colors. My result you can see below. I can create two different separate objects and then combine them but it's more longer. Is there any way to speed up this process?

download.png

 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

The easist way: Select both objects, and use Object > Live Paint > Make

You can then fill your areas with the Live Paint Bucket

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "I create two objects with pen tool" then "I can create two different separate objects and then combine them but it's more longer".

You screenshot looks like one unclosed object. Depending on what you intent is down the road, it maybe quicker (and easier) to make two truely separate objects.

Alternatively you could try live paint but that bottom shape will probably fill with one color - maybe that's what you want(?), or use the shape builder.

Without knowing exactly what your intent is here, it's difficult to suggest a definitve answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer! 

I didn't write correct, sorry. I create one object and one line attached to this object. I want to close this line along the contour of the object in order to be able to fill this new object. I hope it became cleaner)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easist way: Select both objects, and use Object > Live Paint > Make

You can then fill your areas with the Live Paint Bucket

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines