• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to fix this color changed problem?

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i  inverted any image to illustrator, the image's color changed. kinda off the color..

Could please anyone help me to fix this problem?

Please check the below image. (image on the rightside is original image)

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 1.40.57 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Illustrator forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your document color settings. Most likely your document is in CMYK mode. CMYK output is necessarily different from RGB output and they have different color gamuts (the array of colors available). So, when your nice beautiful vibrant RGB image is imported, it is converted to CMYK color space which will result in a muddier and less saturated appearance.

What is your end goal for this image? Are you designing for web/screen? Or are you designing something to print onto physical media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to make the flyer to print out. but usaully when i inverted image to ilustrator, they were looks same as original image color even if i put the RGB image to CMYK setted illustrator. (it might slightly differnet, but not this much). This problem just started by today 😞 please help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have opened the image in Preview, right?

Preview cannot be trusted with anything, above all, color. The "original" image probably is much less bright than Preview shows. It's probably also not as dull as Illustrator imports it.

Also: please show your color management settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already changed my setting few time from the cummunity recomendation. 😞 it dosen't work...

but here is my settting right now.

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 2.13.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are printing in Japan?

Please turn on all the Mismatch and missing profiles checkboxes and then import the image again.

Is any color proof turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of file format is that image, jpeg, png, tiff? What color profile has it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i setted with CMYK setting and the image format is JPG and PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shutterstock image is CMYK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image you showed in Preview? It cannot be JPG and PNG

What ICC profile does this image have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines