• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to generate a text table in illustrator?

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm trying to generate a proper table in lllustrator..

I did it by creating a rectangle and then object --> path --> split into grid.

I added text boxes using the area text tool and now.. I don't know how to vertically center the area tool text box within the single table grids according to the height of the table grids. The horizontal aligment works perfectly fine. Would be so great if someone could hep me:=)!!!

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator has no vertical centering for text areas. You'll have to use the Align Panel or Control Panel and vertically align the text to the table grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Illustrator does not have vertical centering of text, you can use the baseline shift to find a value that centers your text.

Picture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Baseline shift as well. If it is a document with lots of text to centre in boxes, I set up paragraph styles with the right baseline shift for the number of lines of text in the box (Title_1li, Title_3li, etc). I find the text often needs to be set slightly below the centreline anyway, and baseline shift gives plenty of flexibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines