Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of weird shapes

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm a total noob and am just learning for my new job! Using Illustrator is actually a very minor part of this role but my predecessor was really good at it and made a lot of really nice-looking graphics for our company. I'm trying to update some for a presentation but when I go into any of the existing .ai files and highlight a panel, instead of it just being the center panel, this weird shape comes up. Actually most of the .ai files have something like this. Is this a bug? Does anyone know why this happens and how to get rid of it? 

Thanks!

Screenshot from 2021-11-14 02-18-02.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are either artifacts from hardware accelerated drawing or simply paths messing up because your graphs exceed AI's internal limits for the number of points or your graphing software has added unecessary fluff like actually rendered canvas outlines. Dig through your layers panel to isolate layers and objects and see what it actually could be.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks! From the layers panel there is only one layer in the figure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultwv,

What happens if you hold Ctrl/Cmd and press Y? I believe what you see may be in Outline View.

In addition, everything may form a Group and is selected as one. You can see that if you expand the Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To me that looks just like "Edges" are turned on in the View menu.

Can you go to the View menu and click on "Hide Edges"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines