• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make a paint stroke/slash dsdfsd

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. So, I am currently in the midst of making some sort of paint scratches/strokes/slashes. 

I want to get something as close as possible to this: 

Bill5CA5_0-1612715433796.png

I tried to use the Artistic Paintbrush tool, but as you can see: 

Bill5CA5_1-1612715465096.png

They are a little too "full" for me, like, the only are scarce with "paint" at the end of the stroke. Whilst I want it to be more like the stroke in red, where you can see that the whole paint stroke is a little scarcely painted. Like, Imagine you have a paint brush that's not been recently dipped in paint and you slash it across a board pretty hard to get those last rests of paint of the brush. Well, a little hard to explain but something like this (same picture as above):

Bill5CA5_0-1612715433796.png

I am very thankful for any help, and if you have any questions please tell me! Thanks. 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Search it on Google. Import a Brush view of your choice into Illustrator.

Trace it and make sure it is vectorial.
Create as Brush with New Brush command in the Brush panel.
Alternative:
After the trace process, you can give a different look with Distort and thin the ends. Afterwards, you can get a brush with fine-looking tips with New Brush.

1. step1. step2. step2. step3. step3. stepfinalfinal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

You can try to edit one of the existing brushes (drag them from the brushes panel to the artboard an delete the invisible rectangle) or you can use a real brush and paint , take a picture or scan the result vectorize it and create your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search it on Google. Import a Brush view of your choice into Illustrator.

Trace it and make sure it is vectorial.
Create as Brush with New Brush command in the Brush panel.
Alternative:
After the trace process, you can give a different look with Distort and thin the ends. Afterwards, you can get a brush with fine-looking tips with New Brush.

1. step1. step2. step2. step3. step3. stepfinalfinal

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try to edit one of the existing brushes (drag them from the brushes panel to the artboard an delete the invisible rectangle) or you can use a real brush and paint , take a picture or scan the result vectorize it and create your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines