Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to merge shapes to one object

Participant ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

As first I wish you all a Merry, Peaceful Christmas:)

I tried to solve 1 issue, and I could not find the solution. I would like to merge the small shapes in the group to the one object. I tried a pathfinder, but it did not work. Does exist a way how to do it? Thank u.Snímka obrazovky (48).png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a single color, choose Unite in the Pathfinder panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I would like leave this design, but I just want to have the all shapes together with the texture also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in this condition it's impossible. You can either have the united shape with the same color/gradient or have many different pieces with different colors.

If you want to have fewer amount of objects and keep the texture, I could suggest this way:

1. export the current artwork as a raster image with the needed resolution;

2. unite all the shapes as Ton recommended (use Pathfinder > Unite);

3. import the image and create a clipping mask: put the united shape above the image, select both and click Ctrl(Cmd)+7.

Another way is to create a Gradient Mesh for the united shape, but it's a very long and complicated work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds great, so I will definitely try it 🙂 Thank you both for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would encourage anyone who wants to 'merge' their artwork into one object to ask themselves why they think they need to first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Petra,

Always keep the original artwork and work on a copy when you make irreversible changes, such as rasterizing, which will limit the artwork to a specific number of pixels, each pixel haing one colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Petra,

An afterthought; if you merely wish to avoid its filling the expanded Layer, you can just click the down arrow to collapse the GREEN LEAVES Group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines