• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to rasterize multiple objects seperately?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When combining graphic elements in an .ai file, these elements being large bitmap images (tif, psd, png,...), I regularly use rasterize to reduce these images -seperately- in size (and thus reducing file size) and thus make working with them a lot easier and faster.

However, when I try to rasterize multiple objects at once, these objects are always grouped in one big rasterized object. Is there a way they remain seperate objects?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI better way is you do them separately...Thanks

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiffs and psds and pngs are already raster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course they are, but what the rasterize function do is adapt the size of the bitmap image according to the size it's needed for (e.g. 300 dpi).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Rasterize effect (see Effect menu) followed by expanding appearance (see Object menu) to do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, works great.  What it does however, is leave a transparent area around the object.  I also noticed this when rasterizing images that are clipping masked.  Any ideas how to avoid this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editable in Effects/document/raster effects settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, this works perfectly.  This will save me sooo much time.  Thank you!  I already had an action that included expanding appearance that I can apply after the fact, and also, I use Astute Graphics plugin to crop the entire group. So its a few extra steps, but still just a few clicks vs what I'd been doing before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines