• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove the Win32 print screen dialogue after the new Windows 11 22HD Update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, has anyone found a fix for this problem after the new Windows 22HD update? I print a ton of stuff from Illustrator via usb to my Canon Pixma Pro 100. However, after the update it seems like only my Adobe programs have been affected by this issue.

Basically, when  I go to print in Illustrator the normal print dialogue still pops up (although takes much longer now). However, my issue is that when I click "Setup" to choose my printer settings, this dialogue now appears before the normal printing preferences window does, and again after, and as a result negates the paper size I just changed. Here's what my old workflow looked like:

Artboard 1.png

And now it looks like this:

Artboard 2.png

Does anyone have a fix to this? This is super frustrating and really slows down my workflow and apparently my computer. This window never shows up when printing from Chrome, just in Adobe.I also can't post on the Windows forums because they won't let me choose a display name, and every time I try to the page freezes, wahoo! Any help/fix would be GREATLY appreciated!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Hi @Damian26943038x3ji @thingsbyjulie @debbie_tomkies,

Thanks for reaching out. This change has been brought up by Microsoft Windows 11 update. Would you mind restoring the Old Print Dialog as suggested in this third-party article (https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-legacy-print-dialog-windows-11/#:~:text=Restore%20the%20Old%20Print%20Dialog%20in%20Windows%2011%2022H2) and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, sadly this was not the full issue for me. I was able to install windows 11, it's the fact that after doing so, I started to encounter this issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my printer drivers, but the problem persists 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @thingsbyjulie,

Sorry to hear about this experience. As suggested b Mylenium, this is a known issue on the Windows 22H2 update. To mitigate this, kindly try removing and reinstalling your printer drivers and check if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! SWadly, to no avail, reinstalling the printer drivers did not solve the issue. The same dialogue keeps appearing when I select "Setup". 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with my Xerox C400 printer and Indesign. Photoshop works fine though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please confirm the exact version of Illustrator, InDesign, and the operating system?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Srishti!

I have the newest version of Illustrator 2023 (27.0), and I'm on Windows 11, version 22H2. 

thingsbyjulie_0-1666282873922.png

This issue began when the first 22H2 updates came out, and continued with the new version of Illustrator as well. I personally haven't tried to print from InDesign yet, but as you've seen in this thread another person has, and I've seen others mention the same issue in other online forums as well. I have tried reinstalling printer drivers, and I'm up to date on my Windows updates and NVIDIA drivers updates as well. I primarily work and print out of Illustrator and really need a fix to this. I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @thingsbyjulie @debbie_tomkies,

Thanks for your time & patience. This seems to be happening due to a new change introduced by Microsoft to improve the connectivity with printers. I checked with my colleague who is using windows 10, and he doesn't get this system print dialogue.

On Google Chrome, you will get the same print dialogue if you go to Print > More Setting > Print using system dialogue.

Anshul_Saini_0-1666312840562.png

However, we are still checking with the product team. Please allow us some time. We'll get back to you once we get a response from them.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue printing from Photoshop, it's causing me loads of problems. Any fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Damian26943038x3ji @thingsbyjulie @debbie_tomkies,

Thanks for reaching out. This change has been brought up by Microsoft Windows 11 update. Would you mind restoring the Old Print Dialog as suggested in this third-party article (https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-legacy-print-dialog-windows-11/#:~:text=Restore%20the%20O...) and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing, thank you so much!! This worked, at least in Illustrator, and will save me many more headaches, I appreciate it ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved, you can turn back to the old printer settings screen and print as usual follos this steps Restore the Legacy Print Dialog in Windows 11 22H2 » Winhelponline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft overides my print settings and I think it is so arrogant of them to waste my time getting rid of their piece of crap print dialogue. I bought a fairly expensive printer to be able to tweak settings as need. MICROSOFT offers NOTHING. God, please send an alternative to this over bearing corporation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines