• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove white forground objects over line drawing.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, does anyone know how to remove the white areas I've used to block out the lines behind? Is there a quick fix to this? I've tried multiple ways of using the pathfinder and shape modes to create a single line drawing but nothing is working. Help?

Thanks in advance.

(Image removed)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the strokes expanded?

It that case select all but the background and click on "Merge" in the Pathfiner panel. Afterwards make sure you delete all the white objects and all invisible (unfilled/unstroked) objects that might have been created by Merge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for responding! Ok figured it out, it's a lot more complicated and need to create multiple layers to retain the whiteouts before finally merging into one shape and it creates a lot of unwanted ghost shapes that really need to be cleaned up, but worked out in the end. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Selecting the unwanted objects is quite easy:

draw any object and assign no fill/no stroke

Select > Same > Stroke and fill

Delete.

Repeat for white objects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI, no they were ghost shapes. So I did use select same fill colour to Hide all of the artwork, then I was able to select all ghost objects and delete them together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines