• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to resolve the error message "The dimensions of this page are out of range"

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an illustrator artwork with the artboard size 200 in x 20 in. The artwork is well within the bounds of the artboard. Earlier, I was able to save the .ai file as a PDF without any problem. Suddenly, the .ai file is refusing to be saved as a pdf with the message "The dimensions of this page are out of range". I am using Adobe illustrator CC 2018

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

200 in is the limit for documents saved to PDF, so you're skirting that. Did you add a bleed or printer's marks in the PDF settings? That may take the page size out of range.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

You can save each document in PDF that remains within the artwork of the Illustrator. The cut marks are out of this measure if you add a bleed. If this is the case, you may have reached the dimensions that the PDF cannot accept.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

I found I had an extra, very small artboard which probably was within that 200 inch limit. Once I removed it, I was able to save the AI file as a PDF without the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

I had the same message. Sorted now. My issue was that i had accidentally created a very small artboard next to the main artboards that i was working on. Once removed the problem went away.

Maybe this will help someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Create a NEW document with double the size you need. Then, create a second artboard with your desired size. Export the second artboard to PDF and it should work. I just managed to export mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Open in adobe acrobat ----> Save as ----> Format Adobe PDF Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

200 in is the limit for documents saved to PDF, so you're skirting that. Did you add a bleed or printer's marks in the PDF settings? That may take the page size out of range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was it thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS THE ONE THANK YOUU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save each document in PDF that remains within the artwork of the Illustrator. The cut marks are out of this measure if you add a bleed. If this is the case, you may have reached the dimensions that the PDF cannot accept.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but the bleed is already at 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with not being able to make a PDF because "The dimensions of this page are out of range". I am making a large art template for one of my company's products. I am maxed out with an art board of 227.54" x 227.54" The template is actually half size, it saves fine as an .ai file.

I read some of the issues other people were having, I made a new file with new art board and placed the template's elements onto that (got the same error message), I even removed all of the artwork to try and save the blank art board as a PDF and I still got the same error message.

To be clear there are no crop marks or any objects outside of the art board. PLEASE HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size limit for PDF documents is 200 inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was at 203.25 with the artboard. Thanks so much. I was going crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found I had an extra, very small artboard which probably was within that 200 inch limit. Once I removed it, I was able to save the AI file as a PDF without the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my error as well.  Deleted 2nd artboard and it saved no problem.  Thanks for posting your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F* Adobe, just have the 200in limit info in the warning "out of range" dialogue" instead i got to figure that out on my own...grrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact issue BUT as Susan5C52 said...I solved it by finding a tiny, wayward ArtBoard floating around. Deleted it and my 8 1/2x11 saved just fine. Thank you Susan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

--
Susan Dorenkemper
Brand and Design Supervisor
Cincinnati Public Schools
Office of Communications and Engagement
dorenks@cpsboe.k12.oh.us
513-363-0027
@dorenks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the solution for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on a small business card. 90 x 55mm. Kept getting the same message until I realised there was a second artboard - blank. Never been a problem before but once I deleted it, the PDF was made with 3mm bleed and trim marks.

I'm no expert, but feel like this is a new problem with Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same message. Sorted now. My issue was that i had accidentally created a very small artboard next to the main artboards that i was working on. Once removed the problem went away.

Maybe this will help someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it did haha! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new document in bigger size, if your artwork is set in inch set your artbord in feet, then copy and paste your work into the bigger document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a NEW document with double the size you need. Then, create a second artboard with your desired size. Export the second artboard to PDF and it should work. I just managed to export mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I took your measurement and got resolved! Amazing. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open in adobe acrobat ----> Save as ----> Format Adobe PDF Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Big thanks to those who mentioned the extra artboard. I had the same problem. Fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines