• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get my windows PC font on MacBook

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2024 Oct 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just started using macbook instead of windows. On PC I've added some fonts in adobe fonts and I was using them without any problems. I've intalled ai on my macbook and fonts doesn't work. They are also added to my adobe fonts and I can search them in illustrator but they don't work. What can I do in this situation. Are there fonts on windows devices that don't match with OS devices?

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you run a third party font manager on the Mac?

Which font is it?

Which language is it?

What's happening? The font is not in the menu? You can't assign it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts: franklin gothic heavy, monotype corsiva. I picked all of them from adobe fonts and I can find them in fonts menu on Mac but as I choose them there are no fonts assingn to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you log out of your Adobe account and then in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monotype Corsiva is not an Adobe Font and there are 3 Franklin Gothic fonts.

It is possible that the fonts on your PC are not Adobe Fonts, but that you licensed them from somewhere else.

You can try to use File > Package... to transfer them to your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're moving files between Windows and MacOSX platforms and using fonts from the Adobe Fonts service those fonts should be visible in any Adobe apps running on either computer (as long as they're both signed into the same Creative Cloud account). For other apps to "see" those fonts they have to be installed using the Creative Cloud app. The install step may be necessary on both computers.

There are many differences in the system fonts included in MacOSX versus those included in Windows. Monotype Corsiva and Franklin Gothic are included in Windows but not OSX. Likewise, OSX has type families like Helvetica Neue and Avenir Next which aren't included in Windows. Both Apple and Microsoft have lists online showing what fonts are included in OSX and Windows. There is one hazard though: even if you use a font that is common to both platforms, such as Arial, you can still run into font substitution errors because the builds of the font files on each platform may be different. Plus there's the added wrinkle people can install additional font packages like apps, such as getting Arial Nova from the Windows store.

Also, it can sometimes be tricky copying font files from one computer to another. Windows fonts in TTF or OTF formats might work in MacOSX. But OSX has a number of fonts that won't work in Windows, particularly TTC (TrueType Collection) font files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines