• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot create cut lines in Illustrator to use on my Roland Versaworks.

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I created an image with texts, shape and a png on illustrator. 

When I try to add my cut line around the image, I am always failing to do so. 

I have watched numerous videos, and I have been trying for days on end to learn what might be the problem. 

The one step that seems odd, is when I select image trace, everything is blacked out and it does not allow me to image trace my image at all. I am able to find my CutContour swatch and pathfinder. Is the image trace an issue? Or maybe it is the actual image. Do I need to save it as a PNG, JPEG or PDF and then open in Illustrator? I have tried saving as a JPEG and PNG but to no avail. Whenever I try to then open in Roland Versaworks, the cut line does not appear. 

I cannot fathom what I am doing wrong and I am literally pulling my hair out trying to figure it out but I am unsuccessful. 

Please, Please, Please can someone advise me.

I would be very grateful for any help at all. 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you expand your image trace object before going to the Roland? If not, its just a preview of the vector results and still a single raster image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have the object selected when you go to Image Trace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines