• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to create a object, with 2 different colors but the whole thing should have an outline.

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. Im having trouble with that questions since a few days. Im not long in Illustrator and I need to find a way, to have 2 colors in a logo, I want to outline the logo but if I have 2 colors the parts of the logos get seperated. As you can see in the picture, the horns should be red and have a outline, but not a outline between the A and the horn. 

Dont mind the Background (its just to see the white outline better)

Thanks for your help already.logo problem.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Akuma,

There is also the Shape Builder and Live Paint (and a few other ways),

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/creating-shapes-shape-builder-tool.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/atv/cs5-tutorials/creating-complex-art-with-the-shape-builder-tool.html

But are you sure that you really wish to have each horn contiguous with the A?

Horns tend to be clearly separate from head.

You could try both and compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can cut the A where the horn touches, delete the line and join the horn and the A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akuma,

There is also the Shape Builder and Live Paint (and a few other ways),

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/creating-shapes-shape-builder-tool.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/atv/cs5-tutorials/creating-complex-art-with-the-shape-builder-to...

But are you sure that you really wish to have each horn contiguous with the A?

Horns tend to be clearly separate from head.

You could try both and compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tip, I will try both variations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome, Akuma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

get rid of the white stroke on everything. copy the red text to your clipboard. draw some extra shapes so that your horns connect seamlessly to the red letters. select the horns, red letters, and new shapes, and open the Pathfinder panel and click "Unite" at the top left. change the fill color to black if it changed. set the stroke color to white and choose your desired stroke weight. Click Edit > Paste In Place. 

Now you have  one outline around the whole shape, but it probably doesn't look right.. the stroke around the horns is thicker than the stroke around the letters.. with the red letters selected, click Object > Path > Offset Path. in the dialog that pops up, input the value representing half of the stroke weight, but as a negative.. Example, if your stroke weight is 1pt... enter "-.5pt" in the dialog. if your stroke weight is 4pt, enter "-2pt". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines