• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illurstrator images and graphics not loading right (or at all) on Macbook Pro M1 max

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have got the brand new mac book pro M1 Max 64gb and I'm working on a catalogue page in illustaror.

I have noticed that images sometimes do not load at all or some weird graphics appear as I'm working on the page... its like certain weird shapes appear on the screen, then I have scroll down the page then scroll back up and the page looks right again..

see screenshots. the first u can see the weird shapes and loading issue then the second is when I scroll away from the area and come back to it , it loads fine. I have also attached the activity monitor to show I have a lot of ram and a lot of room, the system is not under any stress. This used to happen with my 2013 mac book rpo so I updated to the new computer assuming this would never occur again but seems like it still is... the file I'm working on is just a 12.1 MB AI file.

is there something I'm missing here? surely the latest most powerful mac book has the process power to handle such a basic file?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is more info on the versions I'm using and computer.. I'm not using any third party screen or software just using adobe and firefox and miscrosoft word and excel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a link to the file I'm using via drop box

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ct19db11g93y5j/10.ai?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept working on this file and I got another better screen shot of it occurring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed images in your posts.

Where is the file located?

What type of files are linked?

Are they on a network? on the local disk?

How large are the linked files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok these are the images embededed below.

Regarding other questions,

1. as u can see its not images that are affected its just the shapes and colors on the page ... so its not linked to an image issue (even thought they are also affected at times)

Where is the file located? theya re located on my own hard drive not on cloud or other network

What type of files are linked? as I said most times its not images but if it is in this case its just  jpg or png

Are they on a network? on the local disk? local disk

How large are the linked files? the only image in that example is the green forest image that is faded at the bottom and its 15.8 MB located on my own computers hard drive... but as u can see the basic rectangles and  boxes drawn by the shapes in AI are affected...

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.31.46 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.44.15 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.44.36 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.54.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.55.45 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does toggling CPU/GPU help (ctrl-E)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so do u mean WHEN it occurs to do this? if so that doesn't help bcos if u just zoom down and up or scroll away and come back it fixes itself. The issue is to stop it actually occurring in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it can be solved by zooming it seems to be related to incompatibilities with the graphic card and/or its driver.

It's not just this file? Other files as well?

Since this is a Mac, updating the graphic driver is close to impossible. You might want to get in contact with Customer Care. Maybe they have an idea after having a look inside your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it happens on all files... but not all the time... yes I thought its a system issue like graphics card and not enough power as I was using a old 2013 computer  hence I updated and bought the most powerful new mac book pro... but its still occurring, but not as much...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, do u mean WHEN you do toggle CPU/GPU it does solve the issue? or it doesn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines