• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 100% CPU

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 iMac and after the last illustrator update is very slow and fan keeps switching on. On the activity monitor something called Adobe Illustrator Web Content takes 100% CPU! I installed and reinstalled the app, removed and reset preferences, nothing works. Does anyone know what Illustrator Web Content is and why it takes 100% of CPU? Can it be disabled or deleted?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Hi @Phil Vas your issue could be your GPU is outdated so the application could be relying completely on CPU to render graphics.

On the "high-end" 2014 iMacs came with a Radeon R9 M295X GPU which clocks in at 750 ops/sec.

Current recommended minimums are 2,000 ops/sec.

You can try resolving the CPU usage with the suggestions on this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html

But there comes a point with a 9 year old machine that you have to make a hard choi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Solved the problem by uninstalling the latest version and installing  previous version. Now it works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Hi All, @Stackola @nou.lionandchild @blastman2013 @brananan 

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our product team is aware of this and is currently working on a solution. To receive updates regarding the progress of the resolution, would you please upvote the UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/46598113) and add your comments? Additionally, we have identified that this issue is occurring with macOS Catalina, and updating the macOS Big Sur or above may fix the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do experience the same problem. Adobe Illustrator Web Content running wild with no files open. Can kill the process with no impact on my work at all, but super annoying to always have to open the activity monitor to quiet the fans going wild.

MacOS 10.15.7
Macbook Pro 2017 / 
Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

And I find it troubling, that keving stohlmeyer is telling everyone that this is NOT a bug, should be more careful in his wording, while being an “expert”. It is clearly a bug, because the software can be installed, no warnings are displayed reagarding gpu performance and every single option connected to this is available. So please uncheck the “correct” answers as such, they are misleading, it's a bug!

And hey Adobe, why do I have to register on a third plattform to push bug-fixing solutions? Get a grip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines