• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 Keeps crashing on Windows 10 machine

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, Illustrator 2022 not opening on Windows 10, the Adobe crash report trys to do som... ...Adobe just test and fix your software so us paying fools can use it, stop pushing the blame on the us and sort it out pls.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Hi all,

Adobe Illustrator 2022(v26.0.1) is now released worldwide with stability fixes. Please update your app to the latest version & see if it helps.
Let us know if you face any concern. We'll be happy to look into it.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get anywhere? I'm on Mac, can't open any file - and reaching a point of total exasperation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Never got it to work, reverted back to an old version, Adobe dont believe there is a problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't help, Ashutosh.  That's what everyone is saying. It makes it so you can use previous versions OR the new version. Can't send crash reports.  I've found a way in but not easy.  Eventually after opening it and closing it enough times in task manager it will eventually open for me.  Anyways, it's glitched - even this new one 26.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer just upgraded from an old laptop, I can't work in any Adobe programs because they all keep freezing after 5min or even less. I just get a "not responding" message and have to use task manager to close the program.  I can't run diagnostics, I can't send a crash report, I've reinstalled all apps and creative cloud multiple times, I've reset my preferences, I've updated all the apps and all my drivers. I'm hopeless like I have wedding photos to edit and school work to do and I can't do either which basically means I'm failing life because I'm not able to do stuff that I NEED to do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh I tried this and doesn't work. I get spinning wheel for about 3 seconds and then nothing. Same with 26.0.1 and previous versions. I don't get an option to submit crash report. This problem is starting to cost us money Adobe. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will probably be best that you contact Customer Care. They can login to your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Monika Gause. Customer support logged into my computer and now it's up and running. Turns out it was Trend Micro. They established a few exceptions and bingo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to contact customer care it gives me a pop up message "Please contact your administrator for help,

A member of your organization is a designated contact for issues with your Adobe products. Reach out to your administrator or IT contact for help.
For product tutorials and step-by-step instructions, try our online help.

And when I click the online help link and try to contact them there it just gives me the same pop up message. I guess thats because I have a school account but I've already asked my teachers for help and they couldn't solve the issue either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone check your antibvirus software. Add Illustrator as a "Safe" program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you CoryVan. That helped. Had a long session with Adobe support yesterday which didn't go anywhere.

Strangely, I had even tried disabling Trend Micro AV but that did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome Samit, happy to help. Too bad our Adobe customer service isn't as up to par helpful as we the user community is 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps crashing. Did you not test this program on a Windows machine? When are we getting a new version that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Illustrator is up to date (always) and Ive been having trouble with it for probably a month or longer! I use it for work and it's becoming a real pain.

I tried intalling older versions like one suggestion in this thread.

It still crashes constantly, even when I'm only doing something very basic. It always goes 'Not Responding' whenever I close the app too. 

I am a long-time paying customer and I shouldn't have to deal with this. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashes. Usually when making adjustments to MS Outlook or Extensis Suitcase.. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. It is crashing after 2 - 3 minutes of opening. When I go back to it I get a "Adobe Illustrator Quit Unexpectantly" message.  When I click on OK I get a "Could not Find the Linked File" message.  I then have to relink the file in my background layer. Interestingly the links menu list only shows "" not the actual name of the file I wonder if this is why it keeps loosing the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, wont open or when it does I can only work a few minutes and its not saving my changes.  So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. It's so frustrating. I have an 8 month old MSI Creator 15 laptop with 16 gigs of RAM and an RTX 2060 graphics card with up to date drivers--and yet, Adobe still freezes and crashes. I have also gotten a "out of memory error" along with weird rendering issues. Seriously, this used to happen on a lesser laptop, and I thought spending twice as much on a laptop than I ever had before in my life would fix this problem. Nope.  Also, for some reason, Illustrator keeps telling me I have unlinked files every time I open a file I'm working on, even though I haven't moved any placed items to different folders. Why does Illustrator keep unlinking my files, Adobe???

Adobe, this isn't fair to subscription payers. Some of us are in school for Web/Graphic Design and are relying on your products to finish assignments, and other people are working in those fields and rely on your products for their livelihood, why? Because Adobe is "Industry Standard".  If these issues don't get fixed, I think the "Industry" should switch to Affinity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idk how u promote a program like this and its been around for this long and it has this issue. no matter what i do it keeps crashing. unable to send the report because it crashes.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your antivirus software. I have Trend Micro and I added Illustrator 2022 as a safe program. It opened immediately after hours of troubleshooting. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest version. It keeps crashing on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I have the very latest version and it does not work on a windows 10 PC, Nothing to do with anti virus software,

I have totally dumped it , and gone back to the previous version, I wont be updating again, Adobe now needs to do a deal with long standing customers foe a once off purchase of a working version,I dont need the hassle anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system keeps crashing with the new 3D ray tracing on simple objects. When I recover my work all the images are missing, and it’s booted me out of my custom workspace. It’s not the antivirus and I’ve updated Illustrator. It’s not my system either – I have a AMD 5950X with 64GB of RAM along with a RTX A4000 and M.2 drives. Don’t get me started on InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your anti-virus software and add as safe program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, it's not the antivirus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I skimmed.. sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines