• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 won't load, and it's getting worse

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to start Adobe Illustrator after the most recent updates, when I click the icon to load it, when I go into Creative Cloud to load it, or when I click on an .ai file to load it, I get the blue circle next to my mouse cursor, but it doesn't start. It appears in my Task Manager list -- once for each time I try to load the program! -- but it doesn't bring up the loading screen at all. It just... stops.

I have the latest updates for Windows 10, version 21H1. I've used the cleaner tool to completely remove it and when I did, it did start. But then I needed to restart my computer and we're back to not loading. I tried the tool again, and now even that isn't helping. I've searched for the help others have gotten on here. I've tried making the program an exception in my anti-virus. I've tried turning the anti-virus right off and trying to load it. I'm running out of ideas and patience for a program I've paid a lot more for and will apparently have to keep paying for -- I'm paying for a year of it, and this means that there's time I can't spend using the program. I'm getting very frustrated. Help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Hi @sfred1911,

Sorry to hear about that. I hope the issue is replaced by now. If not, please try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes. If you need help following these steps, please take a look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24-1-2/m-p/11153043#M178050).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022
It was fonts... all fixed now.

[cid:21da98b4-d8d9-4a79-9ffa-b6f4048afcff]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

I *think* I've fixed it - it's running anyway. I repaired the MS Visual C++ that updated at the end of last year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Thanks mate! I was having the same problem too. Had Trend Micro as well. Turned it off, and then tried loading illustrator and worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix my problem by restoring my PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This is has been reported by a few other users as well, and it was found due to the conflict with Antivirus (Trend Micro).

Do you have this Antivirus installed on your machine? If yes, please make sure that Illustrator is added as an exception in the app settings. If this doesn't help resolve the issue, I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• Operating System & its build no./ version
  • Is this happening after updating Illustrator to v26.0.1 as well?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Have you tried resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html)?

Also, you may try the following steps:

• 1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application
    2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R / cmd+opt+A+R
    3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch
    4. Click Continue and wait for a few seconds
    5. Launch Illustrator
  • Uninstall the app using the CC Cleaner Tool. Next, restart the system (most important), then re-install the app using the Creative Cloud Desktop app & launch it from there.
  • Create a new user account (Windows / Mac)

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll let you know in 10 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I do not have the anti-virus trend Micro nor cc cleaner tool, but I still have the issue were it will run in the background and it is still not opening, please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also try all the steps you provided and still nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe illustrator v26.0.1

windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I tried some of the suggestions when I encountered issues with Ilustrator CC not loading, like disabling virus protection and such.  I am on Windows 11 Pro and initially thought that that may be the issue (and it may have been, just not how I thought).  I have 3 external monitors connected via a usb hub and after a lot of testing, it turned out that that was the issue. My hub was too old compared to my laptop and screen resolution (4K) and couldn't handle the screen transitions.  Updated my usb hub and added asecond one to spread the load and Illustrator works just fine again.  Maybe this helps some of you with this issue also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but I am on a MacBook Air. Any solutions? I don't have an antivirus program blocking the program. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maryw43512448,

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of Illustrator and macOS installed on your Macbook Air.
  • Is this an M1-based Mac?
  • Is this happening after updating Illustrator to v26.0.2 as well?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Have you tried resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html)?
  • Did you use the CC Cleaner Tool to uninstall the Illustrator?

Also, you may try the following steps:

• 1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application
    2. cmd+opt+A+R
    3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch
    4. Click Continue and wait for a few seconds
    5. Launch Illustrator
  • Try running the app in Safe Mode (Mac) Root account (Mac)

Let us know how it goes. We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after a new install of Windows 10 pro I had this same problem Adobe Illustrator wont load its running in the background when you look at task manager and details. 

I found that if you stop Illistrator in task manager then disable my Trend maximum security software then open illistrator it loads perfectly I then have to turn my Trend software back on. Its not a fix but at least I can work again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue with ver. 26.0.2. Only, I continued to get a pop-up notice saying I needed to set my preferences to read-write. The link to "Learn More" on the pop-up wasn't initially working.

Eventually, I got to the link below.  

Try selecting "Ctrl + Alt + Shift" while clicking opening Illustrator 2022 from the Windows Start menu and see if that at least gets Illustrator going.  Note that it took a minute or so to load the first time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version  of illutrator sucks...I can't open a new document and create my own setup. This is messing with my work. Please advise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Information about your system and all-around hardware setup would be helpful. If you are not tech savvy enough to give us that information or feel confident to work in your system, you can also have Customer Care take a look inside your system. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchase new 1 year Illustrator package which loaded 26.0.2 on 1-16-22. Program will load however will not open when pushing button. Ran diagnostics however on test #1 seems get stuck at Linpalette.app. Running on new Dell 7000 series all-in-one. Checked Minimum system requirements and all check fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

They can have a look inside your system to check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd do a search on Linpalette.app on your puter and see what it's associated with - google brings up a load of open-source data analysis framework stuff for physics computation... you might want to trash it (i did say might!)

Don't forget to check out the Adobe Cleaner Tool - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sfred1911,

Sorry to hear about that. I hope the issue is replaced by now. If not, please try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/plugin-missing-issue.html) and let us know how it goes. If you need help following these steps, please take a look at this response (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-loading-plugins-while-launching-illustrator-2020-24...).

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repaired the MS Visual C ++ but still do not open...I'm all day without working because illustrator do not open...I need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was totally do to the fonts not being validated in my font book.

Once I validated and removed warning flagged fonts everything is working just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that, @Bernd17185609d1pc. I've sent a DM.

Please check.

Regards,

Anshul Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need help with this, it's been happening since early November. Occasionally a windows update, or an illustrator update allows it to launch properly but then as soon as it's closed down, it won't open again. 

I have to get this working before tomorrow morning! 

I've tried installing an older version (25) and it still won't open. I've tried the anti virus, print spooler but not the font fix (?). I don't know what to do with that one.

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I *think* I've fixed it - it's running anyway. I repaired the MS Visual C++ that updated at the end of last year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repaired the MS Visual C ++ but still do not open...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i did it there was 2 of them. Both had updated towards the end of last year, roughly when this isuue started. Other solutions that i got to work previously was making sure Windows was up to date and try reinstalling C++ from MS website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem today, was working normal until yesterday, but today Im without working all day because illustrator do not open... How did you fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines