Illustrator 25.4.8, unable to open png files since updating.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to the latest version of Illustrator (25.4.8) yesterday that will run on my Mac OS I can no longer open PNG files. If I choose 'open' I can see the files I want but pressing 'open', nothing happens. I've restarted the app and my Mac, no difference. My normal workflow is to screenshot reference images and leave them on my desktop, then just open in Illustrator. Now I have to convert the PNG to a PDF to be able to open it. Any ideas why?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The latest Illustrator version today is 26.5: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html Please update and check if the issue is fixed.

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

26.4.1 won't run under OS Mojave, I am using to most up to date version for Mojave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to downgrade to 25.4.7

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello johnw86914188,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I hope the suggestions shared by Marliton helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link gives me a page not found error

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
6 hours ago 6 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a solution to this? My illustrator forced an update on me today and I'm now having the same issue—no PNG files will open. I've tried digging into the settings—nothing. 

Appreciate any insights you might have for this. 

Erin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines