• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.3.1 incredibly slow and lots of not responding problems

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a new laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad Pro. 

I has an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with 8 cores and 16 logic CPU's, 32 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD drive nVidia RTX3060 GPU with 32 GB RAM. Windows 11.

Everything is blazing fast on this laptop, except Illustrator!

Whenever I open any ai file, big or small, it seems to hang for a while, top bar turns white and Illustrator becomes unresponsive and when you click it give a not responding error on top, waiting about 10 seconds without clicking and I can work again.

Also copying an pasting gives this kind of problems. Illustrator feels slow, sluggish and unpleasant to work with. And all the time with task manager open it will never go above 15% load and all the cores give only little to no activity. CPU and GPU fans won't even start to blow!

So far I tried swithin between de nVidia GPU and the onboard AMD Radeon GPU, no differerence at all.

I removed an reinstalled it. No difference at all.

All I can think of is this: first I installed a standalone version I bought. But this license broke as soon as I did an update in CC desktop. I removed it and installed the trial version, removed this as well. When I realized I simply needed Illustrator I installed it again and with the trial version now expired I switched to the subscription version (Adobe, why is there no in between subsciption with just Photoshop which I already have for years and Illustrator for about 20-25 dollars?  Illustratoralone is quite expensive and I don't need the full package of Adobe apps).

I can't remember if the trial version behaved the same. 

Can it be there are remains of old installations? Is there a way to clean the harddrive from Adobe installations without wiping the whole harddrive.

Hope someone can help.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

I followed this:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

It solved all my problems, it's now far beyond my expectations fast, wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I followed this:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

It solved all my problems, it's now far beyond my expectations fast, wow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines