• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 27.3 Image Trace enhancements not good for my MacBook Pro.

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2018 MacBook Pro 15", Ventura 13.2.1. Until yesterday, Image Trace ran smoothly and quickly - but 27.3 has really slowed things up. Can I revert to older version? Can't afford new MBP right now!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Hi @Roger B Greenwood,

I'm happy to inform you that we have released an update to address this specific problem. The issue has been fixed in version 27.3.1, which should improve the performance of Image Trace on your MacBook Pro 15".

Please update to the latest version of Illustrator, and let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to drop back to 27.2. There have been reports of problems with this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Roger B Greenwood,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Image Trace in the latest version of Illustrator. Could you let us know if the suggestions shared by Larry helped resolve the issue?
If not, we'd be happy to investigate this further. Would you be able to share a sample file and a screen recording of the problem you're encountering? Additionally, we recommend creating a UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com) and sharing it here so that other users can upvote it so our team can better understand the issue and prioritize a fix. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards a solution.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Roger B Greenwood,

I'm happy to inform you that we have released an update to address this specific problem. The issue has been fixed in version 27.3.1, which should improve the performance of Image Trace on your MacBook Pro 15".

Please update to the latest version of Illustrator, and let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines